woensdag 13 augustus 2008

David Golek


June 9th 2008

Nationality: Israeli
Occupation: Musician
In Amsterdam: Irregularly since 1997

Why did you move to Amsterdam?
Girl friend.

What do you like to do in Amsterdam?
Tango, massage, writing stories.

What do you think of Amsterdam street culture,
how the people dress, express themselves?
As for normal citizens, quite politically correct. As for sport
fans of the national team: Fantastic

Did your style of clothing changed since you live here, and
because of what? These can be emotional, cultural reasons
or practical reasons such as weather or availability.
Yes, mostly because of climate change, and therefore I started
to explore new ways for dressing up.

Are you influenced by what you consider Dutch culture
or by any other culture represented in Amsterdam?
Not specially. I assume one is always a bit influenced by the
place one lives, unconsciously.

Are you aware of the fact that 177 cultures are
represented in Amsterdam?
I knew that there are many many cultures in Amsterdam, and
this fact is very inspiring. Then you really don’t understand why
some countries are at war...I think that everyone in Amsterdam
benefits from this fact, both Dutch and foreigners, and this gives
an example to the world on how cultures may have differences,
but without having to fight one another because of it. Every place
has it’s tensions though, in some neighborhoods more than
others, but Amsterdam as a whole is rather a success story,
in this regard.

Geen opmerkingen: