Age: 30
Nationality: Swiss, British
Occupation: Graphic Design
In Amsterdam: 2 years
Why did you move to Amsterdam?
After living in Nijmegen and Utrecht for a couple of years
I thought it was time for a city. I am now building up my own
graphic design studio with a friend in the city center. I love
it, Amsterdam forms a good base.
What do you like to do in Amsterdam?
Riding the bike through the streets, going to expositions,
going out, working.
What do you think of Amsterdam street culture,
how the people dress, express themselves?
I like Amsterdam’s street culture and watching all different kind
of people; it is very multi cultural. Well dressed people; funky,
groovy and experimental. I think the variety in clothes also comes
because of all the foreign youngsters invading Amsterdam for
holiday.
Did your style of clothing changed since you live here,
and because of what? These can be emotional, cultural
reasons or practical reasons such as weather or
availability.
No. Just my collection of tracksuit tops exploded.
Are you influenced by what you consider Dutch culture
or by any other culture represented in Amsterdam?
I like wearing ‘klompen’...just joking.
Are you aware of the fact that 177 cultures are
represented in Amsterdam?
Yes, I knew and it’s a good fact about Amsterdam. It makes
it a special place, this high density of cultures on a limited space.
Amsterdam is less Dutch than other cities here in the Netherlands,
that makes it unique.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten