
July 25th 2008
Age: 32
Nationality: Portuguese
Occupation: Sourcing
In Amsterdam: 5,5 years
Why did you move to Amsterdam?
Love and adventure!!
What do you like to do in Amsterdam?
Biking, traveling and running.
What do you think of Amsterdam street culture,
how the people dress, express themselves?
I find myself very much at ease in amsterdam because people
respect my individuality (and that’s important to me). I quite like
the idea that there are no standards for the way you think or
dress; just do it the way you like it and appreciate the value of
mixed cultures.
Did your style of clothing changed since you live here, and
because of what, these can be emotional, cultural reasons
or and practical reasons such as weather or availability?
I changed a lot in the way I dress (ask my friends) because
I could finally express myself through clothing without being
judged as a stereotype what people immediately do when you
do not share what the majority does.
Are you influenced by what you consider Dutch culture
or by any other culture represented in Amsterdam?
In many cases, yes I was influenced by the Amsterdam culture
(if there is only one…) on the way people work and expose their
points of view and enjoy life.
Are you aware of the fact that 177 cultures are
represented in Amsterdam?
Yes, I knew that there were more than 150 nationalities. I believe
this has a huge influence on the Amsterdam culture; the more
I travel around Holland, the more i see how different (for better
and for worse) Amsterdam is from the rest of the country in
terms of the cultural mix and open mentality. Anyway, i also think
that there is still a lot of room to improve the benefits of a mix
cultured society as Amsterdam.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten