woensdag 13 augustus 2008

Franciscus van der Meer


June 18th 2008

Age: 26
Nationality: Indonesian, Dutch
Occupation: Fashion Designer
In Amsterdam: 5 years

Why did you move to Amsterdam?
Creativity (my own as well of the town).

What do you like to do in Amsterdam?
Hanging out in one of the thousands of bars with my friends.
Reading. Searching for shoes and art books in the city.

What do you think of Amsterdam street culture,
how the people dress, express themselves?
I love the freedom everyone takes, koorballen as well as
the young creative’s.

Did your style of clothing changed since you live here, and
because of what? These can be emotional, cultural reasons
or practical reasons such as weather or availability.
My style changed because I learned to create a vision on fashion
for myself as a designer as well as myself as an individual.

Are you influenced by what you consider Dutch culture
or by any other culture represented in Amsterdam?
I am influenced by myself, Parisian and London fashion and
my good friends.

Are you aware of the fact that 177 cultures
are represented in Amsterdam?
I like the eclectic touch of it all. Especially when things mix.
Let’s hope it brings more respect and laisse-faire in the streets.

Geen opmerkingen: